Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Popping the Etsy Cherry


Ladies and Gentlemen,

I wanted to share that I made my very first sale through my Etsy shop!!!!!
I am ecstatic and happy to know that people are looking at my artwork and liking it! Don't get me wrong, I have sold my paintings and other designs before, but never through the wonderful, crafty, eclectic and fascinating world that is Etsy.

I have been working for a little bit on a project that may be of particular interest to those who like board games... In Colombia, people get together to play parqués (parcheesi) with their friends and family as a way to pass time or even to bet some money (something like Cubans and dominoes, although not as popular). My only concern is that every board that I ever played on was and eyesore. Now that I think back, I realize how sensitive I was to these types of things even as a young child...

Now, several years later (can you guess my age?), I dediced to tackle the problem and create my very own version of the parqués board. Perhaps I will go even further and re-design other classics...
I will show you the whole thing and let you know when it is available for sale very soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment